Relevant blog posts
While all musicians will play music by composers that are well established and often dead, many will also have the opportunity to perform new works by living composers with the composers present. While this can present some of the most exciting opportunities in...
At some point in your career, you're going to need to provide a short biography (or "bio"). Here are some tips on constructing a suitable bio. Style Third Person: Write your bio in the third person. (Use he/she, for instance, rather than "I") Formal...
Interviews are a tricky landscape. While in auditions, people are generally rooting for you to succeed, interviews can be a little different. When a company hires you, it's not just for one gig; it's ostensibly forever. So while you're trying to show...
With so many excellent compositions submitted to contests, calls, and colleges, adjudicators have to look for ways to thin the herd. If your score doesn't look good, chances are that it will be cut before it's given a really earnest listening. Attention to detail in...
Congratulations on starting your college career! In my time in higher education, I've noticed a number of similar problems that first-time-in-college students tend to have when they arrive. I recommend that all college students familiarize themselves...
You should never cancel a gig if you can avoid it, but sometimes we all have to. Here are my 6 tips for canceling a gig with the least negative impact on your professional career. While this may seem like a lot of work, you should try to get this wrapped...
- 25 Life-Changing Style Charts Every Guy Needs Right Now from BuzzFeed
- Dress Guide (Casual vs. Business, etc.)
- How to Tie a Tie (Four-in-Hand Knot) from HowCast
- Pronunciation Guide for Names of Musicians and Composers from Iowa Public Radio
- Pronunciation Guides: French | German | Italian
- How to Prepare Documents: Résumés, Letters, Bios, Statements from Peabody’s Music Entrepreneurship & Career Center
- Savvy Musician
- 6 Résumé Basics Actors Must Know by Clifton Guterman of Backstage
- CVs & Resumes for Graduate Students from Rice University’s Center for Career Development
- Entertainment Industry Résumés from Pace University
- Guidelines for an Actor’s Resume from BYU Career Services
- Guide to Correspondence & Cover Letters from Rice University’s Center for Career Development
- Guide to Resume Writing from Rice University’s Center for Career Development
- How Good Is Your Bio? by Bob Popyk
- How to Write a Professional Bio for Twitter, LinkedIn and More from HuffPost College
- Top 5 Author Biography Mistakes and How to Avoid Them by Mike Koenigs