Auditions & Interviews
Relevant blog posts
With the ballooning costs in undergraduate education (bachelor’s degrees), more and more students are deciding to start their educations at community colleges. Whether you’re transferring from a community college to a university or between universities, this guide is...
Oftentimes, as part of an academic job, you'll be asked to give a brief teaching demo. This is a part of the interview that often sinks candidates. Use these tips to help you prepare a solid teaching demo and avoid common pitfalls. Picking the Topic A topic will...
One of the most paralyzing fears for many artists is a fear of failure. However, we often fall into the trap of fearing failure and dreaming of success without really defining either term. In my experience, too few artists really live with the...
At some point in your career, you're going to need to provide a short biography (or "bio"). Here are some tips on constructing a suitable bio. Style Third Person: Write your bio in the third person. (Use he/she, for instance, rather than "I") Formal...
Interviews are a tricky landscape. While in auditions, people are generally rooting for you to succeed, interviews can be a little different. When a company hires you, it's not just for one gig; it's ostensibly forever. So while you're trying to show...
- 10 Audition Tips for Actors from The Producer’s Perspective
- 10 More Audition Tips for Actors from The Producer’s Perspective
- 10 Tips for a Successful Orchestral Audition from the Strad
- Auditioning Tips for Musicians from the Boston Conservatory
- Audition Etiquette for Musicians from Oberlin Office of Career Services
- How To Ace The Music Audition – Ten Tips To Make You Shine When It Counts by Michael Gallant
- The Stylish Professional: How to Build a Work Wardrobe by Simon Kneen
- University Manners: Job Interview Dining Etiquette by Diane Gottsman
- Why You Didn’t Get Cast from Bitter Gertrude
- Available in print only: Malone, Diane. “25 Reasons Why I Didn’t Cast You.” Dramatics Magazine(1983).